03 Jan RoddiSMS proves why SMSes are here to stay
It’s time for you to memorise and bookmark the website RoddiSMS.com because they are going to help you engage with your clients or customers more effectively.
Mobile competitions are increasingly popular as an easy and effective way for consumers to enter competitions.
Limpopo based radio station Heita FM, in partnership with RoddiSMS, launched an end of year competition: Heita FM Song Of The Year.
This competition was very popular among South Africans because they got to choose the song that kept them going, especially with the COVID-19 pandemic year we’ve all experienced!
To vote, listeners had to SMS the code of their preferred song to 44623. Each SMS cost R1.50.
But how are these SMSes created? This is where RoddiSMS comes in. RoddiSMS core focus is short message services (SMS), short codes aggregation, SMS Marketing and mobile device applications.
RoddiSMS provided Heita FM with technical support for this competition. The company provided the short code, the application that handles listeners SMS and the draw, and managed the whole competition.
RoddiSMS has a wealth of experience working with radio stations, providing a full SMS solution.
It currently provides SMS solution to the following:
- Bay FM in the Eastern Cape,
- Waterberg FM in Limpopo,
- Joyful FM in Gauteng,
- Heita FM in Limpopo
RoddiSMS offers SMS solution to all kinds of organisations which want to communicate with their clients through SMS services.
The beauty of SMS is that there is no internet connection required, and no App needs to be installed for consumers to receive your communication.
These low barriers mean that SMS campaigns attract high numbers of entrants and there is a lot of engagement from the clients or customers.
SMS Marketing Statistics:
- While not everyone has a smartphone with internet access, 5 billion people in the world can send and receive SMS messages.
- 75% of consumers are OK with receiving SMS messages from brands (after they’ve opted in).
- SMS messages have a whopping 98% open rate.
- Text messages have a 209% higher response rate than phone, email, or Facebook.
- 90% of SMS messages are read within 3 minutes.
- Consumers redeem SMS-delivered coupons 10 times more than other types of coupons.
Other quality services offered by RoddiSMS include:
- SMS Marketing
- Short code aggregation
- SMS Competition management
- USSD Development
- SMS Subscription
- Bulk Messaging